Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to move your teeth gradually. These aligners are custom-made for your teeth, using advanced 3D computer imaging technology to plan out every step of your treatment. Our dentist will prescribe a sequence of aligners specifically for you, and you can watch your smile transform over time.
How to Get an Invisalign?
The first step towards getting an Invisalign procedure is to visit your local dentist. Your dentist will examine your teeth to determine if you qualify for Invisalign treatment. Treatment plans can only be determined after a thorough dental exam.
Your dentist will also take digital scans of your teeth using a computer. The digital scans are then sent to Invisalign’s lab technicians, who will fabricate your aligners using 3D printing technology. Once you receive your aligners, you should make sure to wear each aligner for about 22 hours each day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
- When you straighten your teeth with Invisalign, your smile will be transformed into one that looks healthy and beautiful.
- Invisalign treatment uses removable aligners as opposed to fixed brackets and wires. This means that patients are able to remove the aligners before eating or drinking or while brushing and flossing.
- The removable aligners are easy to clean and store. Patients can also remove their aligners for special occasions.
- You can wear aligners that are customized to fit your teeth. They are removable, so you can easily take your aligners out for special events.
- Invisalign makes oral hygiene easy, so patients don’t have to change their habits.
What Are the Aftercare tips for Invisalign?
- Invisalign cleaning crystals are the best way to keep your aligners clean. To clean them, use the cleaning crystals and a clean, soft toothbrush. Brush the aligners gently. Rinse the aligners with water afterward.
- The aligners should be removed from the mouth for eating, drinking anything other than water, and teeth cleaning. In addition, it’s important to brush and floss your teeth after each meal or after you consume sugar or starch. Plaque can harden into tartar, which is difficult to remove from teeth.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste to brush your teeth at least twice a day. Flossing should be done once a day.
- Wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day, taking them out to eat, drink, and brush and floss your teeth.
Arizona Dental Heights, situated in Mesa, AZ, is equipped with modern technologies and expert dentists who provide the best services to patients. Call (480) 525-6000 and schedule an appointment with the dentist Mesa, AZ to learn more about the dental services we offer.